The Montana Main Street (MMS) program is dedicated to bettering the economic, historic, and cultural vitality of Montana downtowns through community development, revitalization, and historic preservation. MMS will foster grassroots efforts through coordination and technical assistance, focused on a comprehensive approach to restoring healthy community commercial districts and preserving the historic structures that contribute to Montana’s unique sense of place.
Adopting the Main Street Four-Point Approach™ to revitalization developed by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, Montana Main Street envisions a broader community and state effort dedicated to improving our downtown economies and historic districts. MMS aims to encourage and promote local efforts through a statewide network of educational outreach, coordination, and organization, to effectively lead Main Street communities throughout Montana toward fulfilling our mission as well as their own.
- Promote long-term planning for revitalization success
- Preserve and promote Montana historic and cultural resources
- Organize efforts and coordinate conversation between and within Montana communities
- Support business development and job creation in Montana’s downtown districts
- Enable small business owners to succeed
- Promote healthy, vibrant Montana communities